Monday, February 28, 2011

Afghans Made with Love ...

Precious gifts ....
Especially for me ...

Still have one of  Ian's afghans ...
 Nathan took his afghan when he moved away from home ...
 his colours were red, black, & white ...

Mike's favourite ...

These are some of the afghans that my mother-in-law made over the years ...
Grandma Jean was an avid knitter and crocheter ...
Each family was given an afghan or more ...
Grandma Jean had 10 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren ...
She spent countless hours making sure that each child would receive one as a keep-sake ...
Precious gifts with love in every stitch ...

1 comment:

  1. Christa..I think this is your best post yet..it is so touching to see how you have cherished these wonderful afghands that Mike's mom made for all of you, your kids and the grandchildren. The way you took the photos and posted a close up of the details in each one is amazing! You and I talk about this alll the time..the love and emotions that go into making something handmade...it is truly priceless.. Sitting talking to you on Skype while we are like 2 school kids at show and tell! You warm my heart on a daily basis! This is a 4 star posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.