Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rainy Day Crafting ...

Easy Friendship Bracelet


Since it was a rainy day yesterday ...
I decided to try making one of these bracelets ...
Dagmar found this easy pattern ...
bracelet instructions here
she thought it would be a great craft for me to do with the grandchildren ...
Thought I would dress up the templates for the grandchildren ...
cut out the cardboard discs ...
grabbed one of my old wallpaper books ...
found flowers for the girls ... 
and machinery for the boys ...
cut the wallpaper pictures the same size as the discs ... 
then glued them onto the cardboard ... 

When I marked my original disc to cut the slots into it ...
they were not evenly spaced ...
so I racked my brain to come up with something to make the markings ...
and lo and behold ...
the apple wedger  would be perfect for the job ...
the marks made ... 
I then covered the disc with clear parcel tape ...
(to make it a little stronger )...
 cut small slits around the edge ...
and used my knitting needle to pierce the centre ...
with a basket full of coloured yarn ...
I'm now ready to make these friendship bracelets with ...
Craig, James, Ella, Daigen
and the little girl Emma
who is visiting her grandma here on the mountain ...
Oh what fun we are going to have ...!!!


1 comment:

  1. Christa...this is fantastic...you just pick on an idea I send you and you make it better....bravo..love the apple slicer technology...so modern day!
    I know you will post all the bracelets the kids will make!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.