Thursday, September 8, 2011

Foundation Started ...

Building Begins
Sept. 3, 2011
Rob & Mike working on the frame for the floor ...
I was in the house finishing up with the painting ...
Rob headed into town to spend the afternoon with Teresa ...
I came outside to help Mike ...
bringing a load of bricks to block and level the frame ...

Foundation blocked and levelled ...
ready to start laying the decking boards ...
we worked for quite a few hours ...
Mike screwed the boards in place ...
putting the screws at the end of each board ...
and I completed fastening down the in between screws ..
I went thru 3 fully charged batteries for the cordless drills ...
no wonder I had blisters on my hands ...
that was a lot of screws ...
and we were only halfway done ...
we'll have to finish it tomorrow ...


1 comment:

  1. When Mike retires he can hold DIY classes on just about anything..You both are amazing with all that you do..that is what living in the country does..you learn to be handy and self sufficient...it is the best way to live...it will be a great woodshed when you are finished....it used to be my mom's favorite thing..a full woodshed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.