Sunday, September 4, 2011

Moving Day ...

Packing & Cleaning
Aug. 27, 2011
Mike & I were up early to get things packed up and out of here ...
started in the back bedroom and bathroom ...
worked our way out into the kitchen ...
While I cleaned and shampooed the carpets ...
Mike moved boxes and furniture out into the uhaul trailer ...
when I was finishing packing in the kitchen ...
Mike helped out cleaning the living room carpet ...
I
I was short boxes for all the glassed I had ...
so I headed to the Liquor store to pick up a few ...
they are the best way to pack any of your glassware ...
along with empty or full wine bottles ...

Mike putting the last items into the back of the truck ...
and I stuffed the mop in the only space available ...
Mike closed the door of the uhaul ...
I locked up the Condo ...
and we were off ...
both exhausted but happy to be on our way home ...
We arrived around 10:00 pm ...
thank goodness we had our garage almost emptied ...
to store everything ...
we had already brought the living room and dining room furniture ...
a few weeks before hand ...
moved the old ones out and moved the new ones in ...
what took us a day and a half to load up ...
only took 50 minutes to unload ...
we figured we rather finish it in one day ....
so we could sleep in a bit ...
before returning the uhaul trailer into town ...

It's going to take awhile to unpack everything ...
but I have lots of time to do it in ...
and get things organized ...
before Mike retires at the end of the year ...

Grateful to finally be home ... !!



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Mayook full time...I know it is the place you truly love...only 4 months for Mike to do the comute...then a ton of winter fun...where you both don't have to leave....I sure hope I get to see you this year...maybe
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.