Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stacking Started ...

In The Woodshed

First load from the wood pile ...
heading for the woodshed ...

It was great using the tractor ...
to move the logs ...
(extra large wheelbarrow)
right at the level I needed it to be ...
so there was no having to bend over  ...
to pick them up ...


This was three loads done ...
picked up a few of the large ones that had already been split ...
the rest of the pile will be a days work ...
of using the log splitter ...
to make them more manageable for me ...
to toss into the boiler ...

It's going to take quite a few loads of logs to fill this shed ... !!!!
What was I thinking ...???


1 comment:

  1. you are amazing.....we figure those logs are about 4 feet long..you got your work out yesterday...you are the perfect homesteader! I would help you if I lived closer..getting wood used to be our Mom's favorite thing...the boys used to bring her a load of wood and she was delighted! I know how good you must feel after getting that first load in there...great photos!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.