Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gone Fishing ...

Premier Lake Provincial Park
 
It was a beautiful day for Mike and I to go fishing ...
we decided to go to Premier Lake ...

 
Love the different shades of green ...
this lake has to offer ...
It was a hot day ... over 30 degrees ...
what better way than to spend it out on the water ...

 
We spent quite a few hours ...
drifting up and down the lake ...
we tried all different hooks ... bait ... everything ...
not a single bite ...
for us and other fishermen ...
out on this beautiful day ...
I remembered that I had some red liquorice (Nibs)
in my tackle box ... thought I would put it on the hook ...
let my line out ...
then all of a sudden .. "BANG"  ...
I caught a fish ... oh my ... I was so excited ... !!!
A boat with three avid fishermen ahead of us ...
were just as excited for me as I was ...
(they had just passed by that spot)
and then about 10-15 mins later ... "BANG"
had another one ...
oh ... this one was big ... he gave me quite a fight ...
poor Mike ...
trying to get the net ...
to help me land this fish ...
He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it ...
another fisherman was surprised as well ...
What an awesome day for me ... !!!!

 
Mike starting to clean my fish ...
usually when he just begins ...
we tend to catch more ...
but that wasn't the case today ...
we travelled across the lake to the other side ...
hoping it might be better over there ...
Mike did catch a little fish ... and that was it for the day ...
it was already 6:00 and still 29 degrees ...
we packed up and headed home ...

 
Rainbow Trout caught today ... !!!
My big one was 2 lbs ... the other 1 1/2 lbs and Mikes was barely 1/2 a pound ... !!!

Oh Yes ... about the caption on my picture ...
When we were waiting at the dock to take the boat out of the water ...
there was quite a line up ...
Mike talked to a few fishermen ...
 they hadn't caught anything ...
couldn't believe that I did ...
One older gentleman had commented ... as well as others ...
 that today I was ...
"Queen of the Lake"


4 comments:

  1. Good for you..perfect caption "Queen of the Lake"...I am sure one of those will be perfect for dinner..what a nice fish and a wonderful way to spend the day on the lake.❤
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a catch,!!!!!! And what a perfect day to go fishing.M

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lake looks amazing, what a beautiful lake:) How lucky are you guys trolling the lake:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.