Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stringing The Wire ...

Working On The Fences


 
It was a cool ... although windy day ...
to start stringing the barbed wire along the fence posts ...
Mike had everything ready to go ...
Barbed wire in the back of the truck ...
then it was attached to the quad ...
and I drove it along the fence line ...
to the end post for the gate ...
It was a long stretch ...
Mike used his come-a-long to tighten the wire ...
then we hammered staples into the posts ...
 starting from each end ...
and meeting in the middle ...
We strung over 4000 feet of barbed wire ...
4 strands of wire ... stapled on every post today ...

Hooray the field is completely done ...
except for the gates ...

It was a great day ... !!!







3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for farm trucks, quads, tools and a very helpful wife who knows what TEAMWORK means..so proud of you.....now you will be able to enjoy your weekdays and weekends knowing the cows can't get into your place❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading about it,thank god it's done.Take a well deserved break,good job! M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Anonymous Christa, I'm so tired just reading this , I'm gona have to lay down now . I guess the Cow's won't be coming home..... little Humor there , get it???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.