Sunday, June 24, 2012

In The Marsh ...


 
These birds were sighted at Idlewild Park ...
Burk took this pictures and sent them to me ...
we were viewing the photo of my Warbler from the other day ...
and he had mentioned that he had taken some photos ...
of a yellow bird ... and a blackbird ... known as ..
  Brewers Blackbird


Yellow-headed Blackbird: (Male)Medium-sized blackbird with black body, bright yellow hood and breast and has distinct white wing patches. Bill, legs and feet are black. 
Female is of light brown colouring ...

Yellow-headed Blackbird: Breeds from central British Columbia, northern Alberta, and Wisconsin south to southern California, northern New Mexico, and Illinois. They spend winters in southern U.S. and northern Mexico.  
Their nests can be found in freshwater marshes.  Although when they are migrating and in the winter they prefers open, cultivated lands, fields, and pastures.


3 comments:

  1. Love the birds, all kinds...they are such interesting and busy little creatures..they sure can bring you a lot of joy just watching them.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,makes one feel good just watching them. M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sitting at the Computer the other day and low and behold , I was joined by a group of Birds I was not familiar with. My 10 year old Granddaughter identified the Pictures I took , as Bohemian Waxwings. Not to often we get to see them here in the City.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.