Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting Firewood ...

 
It was a cool day here on Thursday, Aug. 2 ....
perfect weather to go get some firewood ...
these logs were stacked last year ...
easy access for me to cut them up ...
 load them and unload into the woodshed ...

 
I decided to use the tractor today ... Friday Aug 3 ...
I found that loading and unloading "Old Blue" was way too much work ...
So ... out to the field I went and picked up the cut pieces ...
putting the bucket at my level to load ...
then drove to the woodshed ... right in the woodshed ... to unload ...
less steps all the way around ...
in no time I had those logs picked up and put away ...
then went to the other stack of logs ...
started cutting them into the lengths we needed for the boiler ...
and completed filling up the back row of the woodshed ...
It took about 4 trips with a full bucketful of logs ...

What a great feeling to have accomplished so much in the last couple days ... !!!!


3 comments:

  1. My wonder woman ! Good job. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Mike reads your blog to see what you have accomplished..I agree, you are a wonder woman...and I know you love doing this!
    Glad it was cool enough to tackle such a hot job!❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. You arre ahead of the game:) Good for you!love k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.