Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Busy Day ...

 
Another morning canning ...
this head of cabbage was the last of the vegetables that I wanted to get done ...

 
This was the first time canning purple cabbage ...
was surprised to see the deep purple colour disappear ...
due to the processing ...
I'm sure it will still taste the same ...

Headed outside after lunch to get a few more loads of firewood ...

 
It was so beautiful outside ...
finished cutting up the wood that was laying on the ground by the hydro poles ...
and put them into the woodshed ...
Passed by this dead tree numerous times today ...
so when I went to pick up my saw and gas can ...
I decided to knock the tree over ...
and down it went with just a slight push ...
roots and all ...
surprised that the wind storms hadn't knocked it over ...

 
Removed the branches ...
 cut it up ... cleaned up ... 
and took this last small load to the woodshed ...
After 4 loads ... figured I had done enough for today ...
time for dinner ... sit back and relax ...


4 comments:

  1. Life on your 50 acres suits you very well..keeps you fit and happy! what a great job you do in your home and on the land❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are worth your weight in gold-------just don't over do it----take care. M

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are all ready for winter...which i've heard is supposed to be snow very soon:)love K

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a regular Pioneer Woman Christa. I can hardly wait to come visit and sample some of those Goodies from you're Vorats Kammer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.