Sunday, May 5, 2013

On Cinco de Mayo ...

Sat. May 4, 2013

New gloves to get the job done ...
spent the morning ...
planting the fruit trees ...
metal stakes were put into the ground ...
to place the guide wire around the little trees ...
for stability against the winds ...

Mike was so sweet ...
I think he wants to get this garden finished ...
once and for all ...
He dug the trench to run the waterline ...
down from the house to the garden ...
My job was to clear out the large rocks ...
shovel the bedding sand on the bottom ... roll our the pipe  ...
then cover the pipe with the sand ...
before Mike back filled the trench ...
I am so thrilled to finally have water right down at the garden ...
instead of dragging the hose all the time ...
only took about 30 yrs ...


I was delighted ...
 to see that Mike had put up ...
 my hummingbird feeders as well ...
A perfect addition to my garden ... !!!
Thank you so much Mike ...
 for everything you did yesterday ... !!!

Today is our 40th Wedding Anniversary ... !!
taking the day off ...
going out for dinner ... !!!!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both..I think this was just Mike's way of showing you how happy he is to be able to share with you this garden that will bring you such joy...Enjoy your dinner out tonight! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 40th Anniversary to both of you . Take care of each other and enjoy to day.
    Your garden looks lovely, better late then never ! M & K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.