Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dragonfly In My Garden ...

 
I was blessed to see this dragonfly on my gate going into the garden ...
this one even allowed me to touch him ...
and place him on my finger ... 
I have many dragonflies around the house and yard ...
here are some of the meanings I found of ... seeing a dragonfly .... 

1.  The meaning of the dragonfly signifies happiness, speed and purity. Purity because the dragonfly eats from the wind itself. The dragonfly also represents transformation and life’s ongoing process of change.
2.  The dragonfly is able to show itself in different colors depending on the angle and polarization of light falling on it. This magical ability is associated with the discovery of one’s own abilities by unmasking the real self and removing the doubts one casts on his/her own sense of identity.
3.  In Japanese culture dragonflies represent joy and new light. When you see a dragonfly, enjoy its presence and be content knowing it represents good things.
4.  In China, people associate the dragonfly with prosperity, harmony and as a good luck charm.
5.  Dragonflies come in varied colors; their bodies often blue, green, purple, and even bronze. Their wings seem to shimmer as if made of silver, especially when under the moonlight. These bright colors take time to develop, expressing the idea that with maturity our own true colors come forth.  They represent moving past self-created illusions that limit growth and change in the perspective of self-realization with an understanding of the deeper meaning of life.
6.  Dragonflies live only for a few months. The short life span symbolizes the virtue of living in the moment and living life to the fullest. This ability lets you live your life without regrets like the great dragonfly.
Hope you have the chance to see a dragonfly ...!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo my dear friend, we have them here in the Okanagan and they always remind me of my Mom as she enjoyed seeing them as much! Loving how you are doing your photos, makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.