Saturday, September 13, 2014

Warm The House ...

September 11, 2014
A cold ... frosty night ...
the house needed to be warmed up ...
best way to give it some heat .... was to bake some cookies ... 

I then decided to make a pot of soup to warm our bellies for lunch ...
 a delicious ... hearty ... 
9 Bean Vegetable Soup ...
served with Asiago Cheese and garnished with parsley ....
mmmmmmm 

After lunch I went out to salvage what I could from the garden ...
the frost hit us all hard up here ...
Thank goodness I covered up my tomatoes ... green peppers and Eggplant ...
only two tomato plants were affected from another area in a raised bed ...
all the others survived ...
I picked a few of the fallen and ripe tomatoes ... and brought them in the house ... 

Covered up the plants again as the forecast ...
was calling for more frost again ...
Keeping my fingers crossed ... 
Nicer ... warmer weather is on the way ... !!!
    :)

Wishing my Dear Friend Dagmar ...
Happy Birthday ... !!!


Have a wonderful day doing what you love ... "Thrifting" ... !!!
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Good morning my sweet friend, already enjoying the sunrise and a cup of coffee..your soup and cookies look so good and I am very glad your tomatoes survived the frost. You have worked so hard all summer to enjoy those tomatoes. Xoxo Thank you for my birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell your cookies . Glad you could safe some of your veggies .

    Happy birthday Dagmar ! M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.