Sunday, March 6, 2016

Snow and Sunshine ...

March 4, 2016
It had been so nice the last few days ...
so it was quite a surprise to see the snow falling in the evening ...
but it sure was a beautiful sight in the morning though ...
I decided to spend some time outside ... and chop away at the snow piles in front of the house ...
These piles of snow that slide off the roof take a long time to melt ...
plus it is very compact ...
It was great that Mike helped break it up with a large rock bar ...
I then proceeded to toss the chunks out on the lawn into the sunshine ...
and it didn't take long to melt after that ...
Now I will be able to clean up the flower beds and rake up the lawn ...
After working on the snow piles ...
I went down to the garden to check it out ...
I was so delighted to see some of the produce already growing ...
The spinach and parsley is ready to be picked ... and while cleaning up some of the squares ...
I found a few carrots ... that had wintered and were still good to eat ...
they were crisp and sweet ... !!!
I enjoyed digging around in the garden ...
removing some of the debris of fir cones and decayed leaves ...
along with pulling out the old kale stalks ...
and happened to notice that they were already sprouting ...
I am totally aware it's a little early to get excited about planting yet ...
but ... it won't be long now ... !!!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great Photos ! What a nice surprise to get fresh greens so early ---- spring is just around the corner --- hurrah !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.