Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Potatoe Boxes ...

March 25, 2016
After our trip home from Arizona ...
Mike went to the shop to start working on the two potato boxes for the garden ...
I found that the raised beds were not deep enough to grow enough potatoes ...
All the boards were measured ... cut and predrilled for assembly ...
A couple of days later ...
the potato boxes were finished ...
ready to be taken down to the garden ...
I am so excited to see how these are going to work this season ...
On March 31st ... Ella helped grandpa bring the potato boxes down to the garden ...
I was still working on the new area for these boxes ...
putting in a retaining board and filled it with dirt and gravel ...
finally finishing on April 3 ... after the Knight family left for home ...
The two frames were set in place ... the other sections were stored by the raspberry bushes ...
I decided to prune the raspberry bushes as they were already starting to bud ...
and cleaned up the raised beds getting them ready to till ...
It was a beautiful sunny day to play in the garden ... !!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Busy,busy people, hope it will work and you grow lots of potatoes, good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun was had again at Grandma and Grandpa's place. Keep you hopping I am sure! Xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.