Thursday, June 16, 2016

Taking It Easy ...

May 17, 2016

Klaus & Resi's house was our home for the holidays ...

the view was amazing looking out from the deck ...

Taking pictures of a few of the wildflowers along the driveway ...

We had decided to go for a walk into town ... toget some exercise after our trip ...

travelling along the back roads ...

Loved seeing the big green fields ... so beautiful...

As we approached town we saw the Maibaum (May Tree)...

A tradition that it is put up the beginning of Mayto welcome spring ...

and then taking it down at the end.

Along the way we saw beautiful homes and a fewplaces had chickens in their yards ...

nice to get fresh eggs every day ...

then walking by the little church ... where my mom & dad were married ...

then making our way to the cemetery ...

Making our way back into town ...

we stopped at Klaus's favourite place ... the "Gasthof Bader" for a coffeebreak ...

well ... I had coffee ... the guys had beer ...

This building was rebuilt in 1892 after it was damaged by a fire ...

In 1932 it was a family run farm with livestock ...

then in 1967 Charlotte and Helmut Bader ...

had taken over the building ...

and started a family restaurant ...

My treat for my coffee break ...
was a fresh baked warm Apple Strudel ...
Oh my it was so delicious ... !!!

We had a wonderful ... well needed walk ... back to the house ... !!!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place ... Dad and I got married in this little church , great memories !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you, Mike and your Mom were glad to be back to relive some of those memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.