Monday, August 8, 2016

On To Horst and Roswitha's Place ...

May 29, 2016

On our travels back to the house ... Horst drove to show us the building ... which was a castle at one time ...
but was later the office for the Swoboda garage ... where dad had completed his training for the Autobody Apprenticeship ...
We then went to Burgi's (Roswitha's mother) little cottage ... on the edge of town ...
It was adorable ... this is her little getaway from town ...
she loves to go out to work in her garden ...
You can tell she spends quite a bit of time in her yard ...
Once we reached Horst's home ...
first things first ... was for Mike to help Horst hand up the swing ...
of course they had to try it out as well ...
I do believe Horst may have be asking for something to drink ...
and I think Mike was agreeing with him ...
After our full day ... we sat around relaxing and visited before our light dinner ...
of the smoked fish and fresh breads ...
Mike gave Horst a hand with preparing the fish to serve it ...
Everyone enjoyed this meal ... not too much talking going on ...
Once the dishes were cleared away ... Roswitha came out with a wrapped gift ...
I was surprised that I was the recipient of this special gift ...
As always ... I took my sweet time removing the ribbon and wrapping paper ...
I had absolutely no idea of what was inside ...
What a wonderful surprise to see a Gardener's Apron ...
with a matching hat ...
I was so touched by this sweet gesture ... they all know how much I love my garden ...
Roswitha gave me a hand with putting on the apron to model it for everyone ...
I loved it ... !!!!
Mike also received a gift ... a camouflage hat to wear when he's out in the wilderness ...
and Oma receive a beautiful shawl ...
to wrap around her when she is out in the cool nights ...
Some pictures of us with our special gifts ...
Thank you Horst and Roswitha ...
We continued sitting outside ... telling stories ...
and some of them were a little crazy ...
it was so funny listening to them translated jokes ... it was so much fun ...
for some reason the translations just do not work out ...
Happy that Christine and Christian could helps us out ... !!!
It was getting late and it was time to head out again ...
Horst and the family took us all home in the bus ...
It was an incredible ... amazing ... busy day ...
I think we were all ready for a goodnight's rest ...
Thank you Horst and Roswitha for everything ... !!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Roswitha and Horst for putting so much though and effort to making this day so special for us . Love my shawl !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.