Saturday, December 3, 2016

Another Year Older ...

December 1, 2016

 
Today was my special day ... my birthday ...
my morning started with a lovely breakfast ... made by Mike ...
It was snowing ... the trees and ground were blanketed in white ...
Gifts were given to me to open ... also received many cards ... phone calls ... emails ... texts ...
from friends and family ...
Love my gifts from Mike ... a new curling iron for my hair ... chocolate ...
a pair of jeans and two new tops ...
( I had picked out when I went shopping with mom )...
Mom had bought me a new outfit as well ...
A knitted purple top with leggings ... and my favourite ... a package of Liquorice Allsorts ...
All this was done before our guests were arriving today ...
 
Mark and Sandy drove from Castlegar ... to come for a visit ... and deliver my gift in person ...
Sandy had started paintings ... a while back ...
and decided to create one for me for my birthday ...
This painting is her "Tree of Life" ...
Mark and Sandy had lived out here over 25 years ago ...
and now reside in Castlegar ...
Our friendship goes back to our school days ...
back in Sarnia, Ontario ...
We had a lovely evening ... Mike and Mark celebrated my birthday ...
with Mike's famous martini ...
We enjoyed a Halibut dinner ... (my choice) with pan fries and sauted vegetables ...
then Peach Crisp for dessert ...
We spent the evening chatting ... reminiscing of days gone by ... with lots of laughter ...
and visiting with family and friends on FaceTime ...
We couldn't believe how quick the evening went by ...
we talked until the wee hours of the morning ...
 
 
December 2, 2016
 

After a short night's sleep ... we enjoyed having breakfast ...

of fresh fruit ... waffles and freshly brewed coffee ...

Mark and Sandy were heading home this afternoon ...

but before they left ...

we hopped into the truck and drove them around ...

to see how much this area had changed over the last 25 years

Mike and I will plan a trip over to Castlegar ...

sometime in the New Year ... to visit them and their family ...

Thank you to everyone ...

for my Happy Birthday wishes ...!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a special birthday for you , you deserve it . Wishing you a year full of love and happy surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great being able to say HB to you. I hope that your year ahead with be filled with love, good health and much happiness..we really will get to see each other in person next year for sure.

    Love u lots, xox and Happy Birthday for all of December.
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.