Friday, February 24, 2017

Valentine's Day ...

February 14, 2017

 
Happy Valentine's Day ...
It's a beautiful ... loving day ... !!!
A special morning ... showered with gifts ...
mainly CHOCOLATE ... !!!
Mike and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast ... and then I made my way into town ...
to spend the afternoon with Oma ...
After running a few errands ... some shopping downtown ...
we decided to go for lunch ...
Oma wanted to go to DQ ... we shared a meal ...
so that we could have our own Sundae as our treat ... !!!
It doesn't take much to please the two of us ...
love spending time with mom ... wherever it is ... !!!
I also received a goody bag from Oma ... special made cookies from Rosa ...
a resident at Joseph Creek Village ...
I knew exactly what my gift was ... from the aroma of anise seed oil from the bag ...
They were homemade ... and are one of my favourite cookies ...
PIZZELLE

 

Pronounced“pit-sel”

"Pizzelles are the oldest known cookie. It isgenerally believed they originated in the Abruzzo region of south-central Italyin ancient times to mark an annual celebration. The name comes from the Italian word Pizze for round and flat. In someparts of Italy, the irons were embossed with family crests and passed down toeach generation. Over time it became tradition to use pizzelles to celebrateany holiday or festive occasion. "

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for spending the day with me ... you are a sweetheart !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.